profile pics and facebook vacations

Website: The 30 Standard Facebook Profile Photo Styles
I came across the above website the other day and, after scrolling through and looking at all the different types of profile pictures, I realized that probably everyone I am friends with on Facebook could be categorized in one of the thirty groups. I remember when I first got Facebook three years ago; it was exclusively for college students. Of course now everyone has one, but I found it interesting how much you tell about a person by the profile picture, or better yet, where people are in their lives. For example, I am studying abroad so I have a picture of me in the South Island. Some of my close family friends have pictures of their children, because they are obsessed with them. People have pictures of them partying so they others will think they are cool and others have just random pictures because they are weird. Another aspect of the article I liked was the opening sentence: “Over the weekend I took a trip through Facebook to look at the various Facebook profile photos…” It made me laugh to think that if logging on to a social networking website is considered a “trip,” our society has to change fast or I don’t know how anybody couldn’t consider themselves a cyborg.

0 comments: