Piracy in the Music Industry

I have always downloaded music from the internet ever since I started listening to music by iPod. Never had it had occurred to me that this was illegal until. However downloading music on the internet has become a big controversial issue over the past years and I had to admit this issue is quite overly serious.
I believe that music is a creative process, which should be shared and enjoyed by as many people as possible all around. However record companies around the world believe that they should get money for every single song (or album) released, either online or offline. This has caused a big battle with music-buying consumers and greedy record companies and artists.
I would have to say it all started with the use of mp3 from the early 1999 when millions of people traded songs daily including myself this was particularly useful because everyone that I knew listened to the same music. After the main online file sharing programme "Napster" disappeared in 2000 due to many lawsuits however other services were created for downloading music from the internet.

It is estimated that 31 million Americans have used their computers to share music, that's over 10% of the nation. Also due to the continuing spreading of the sharing programmes, just like Microsoft refusing to give away their software for free, researchers from the organization concluded that efforts to stop music piracy is pointless.

I have experienced trying to find music that I wanted to put on my iPod very hard recently and there were few songs that I couldn’t even find at all.
I personally think that preconception about that musicians will end up homeless and bankrupt is false but rather think as a good way to help them because in a way it is helping them and their songs to spread more widely than just putting out millions of albums which barely nobody wish to buy these days. As there are more people who listen to music on iPod, and other electronic products, there shouldn’t be such a strict piracy over this aspect in the music industry. As technology is continuing to change the idea of sharing music as piracy in the music industry should now start to move away from being completely illegal.

0 comments: