An Interesting Thought

I'm really not a fan of social networking sites, and I don't try to hide that. I generally find them annoying and an abundance of information. Even this blog is a bit much for my backward opinion of the Web.
So until now I totally doubted their power, until I came across this.

http://adultaddstrengths.com/2008/11/05/obama-vs-mccain-social-media/

This site essentially details the impact that social networking sites had on the American election, by looking at the amount of posts, searches, etc that each candidate received while they were campaigning. It really is quite impressive.
What seems obvious is that across the board Obama and the Democrats had a far greater internet presence on the major websites; Facebook MySpace, Flickr and Youtube. What is staggering is just how great the difference is between the two candidates, as can be seen by the incredibly one-sides graphs on the site.
We all knew that the Republican were out of touch, but they seriously don't understand the value of the internet, if these numbers are anything to go by.

0 comments: