Media Culture

I thought for my next post, I would move away from discussions that we have had as a class in lectures and tutorials and peruse the internet to see what is actually out there and available to the public online with regards to media. Quickly, I discovered that there is A LOT of websites on the net that are about media. One in particular really caught my eye and I thought that I would share this find with everybody else.

The website is http://www.media-culture.org.au/ and i would definitely suggest having a look around the site if you are at all interested in media (which I am assuming everybody is, seeing as they are taking this course!). The website has four aspects; Reviews of Media/Culture, Journal of Media/Culture, Encyclopedia of New Media, and Dialogue of Culture and the Media.

My favourite, and probably the most helpful for a media student, is the Encyclopedia. Set out in a format like Wikipedia (although much more credible, I'm sure), it has information on nearly every aspect of New Media, including online culture and society, television and global communication, and the information it contains is quite extensive, not to mention interesting.

I won't go on about what the website contains but I would definitely recommend checking it out.

0 comments: